Who can make the most of the lunch break by taking the best photo that is chosen as one of the winners in the Birmingham Photography Festival Quick Fire Competition?
It’s simple: you have the duration of the lunch break to take your photo, and then until 9pm tomorrow to edit and submit it!
There are three categories and in each one there will be separate prizes for those using cameras and those using phones:
• Street photography
• Architectural photography / urban landscape
• My view (encompasses abstract, close up and everything else).
Judges are looking for great photos that respond appropriately to the theme of the category. All styles of photography are welcome (colour, monochrome, portrait / landscape orientation, any size etc).
In addition to the phone / camera winners in each category, the judges will award two further winners from the remainder of the photos entered.
The 8 winners will be invited to a VIP evening in a location that arguably has Birmingham’s best views: the Staying Cool Penthouse apartments on the very top floor of the iconic Rotunda.
As the sun sets and night falls, you will have the opportunity to photograph the city from above while enjoying drinks and nibbles and an enjoyable evening with other photographers, the festival organisers and some of the festival speakers.
HOW TO ENTER:
- Photos MUST be taken within the lunchbreak (we may request to view the file data to verify this).
- You have until 9pm on Sunday 21st October to edit & submit your photos
- You can submit one photograph per category (you can enter all three categories)
- Photos must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org via the website “WeTransfer”.
- Your message and the photos’ file name MUST include your name, category and whether they were taken on a phone or using a camera.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The judges’ decision is final.
- All images submitted must be the work of the individual submitting them.
- Entrants may submit up to three images in total, one per category. If more than one photo per category is submitted then the one sent first will be the one counted.
- Composites are permitted however all components must be taken during the lunch break and be your own work.
- Photos submitted after the deadline will not be counted.
- No responsibility can be accepted for lost entries and proof of transmission will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
- Winning images will be shared on Birmingham Photography Festival website and social media with the names of the respective entrant, however copyright in winning and all images submitted for this competition remains with the respective entrants.
- The prize is non-transferable.
- Events may occur that render the competition itself or the awarding of the prize impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the Birmingham Photography Festival and accordingly the Birmingham Photography Festival may at their absolute discretion vary or amend the promotion and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to the Birmingham Photography Festival as a result thereof.